Chris Sherman has been working since the age of 12. Whether it was milking cows, installing septic systems, or working at the local meat market, Chris was always up for a challenge. After high school he found employment with a local apparel manufacturer. In 2003, he was sent to Lean 101 training and studied lean manufacturing through waste elimination. This course had a profound influence on his professional life.
Chris continued to study Lean Manufacturing and passed his Bronze Level exam through the Shingo Prize Institute in 2012. Since then he has redesigned several production processes, led facilities through numerous technology upgrades, and began introducing lean principles to several service related organizations. At the same time, Chris also pursued his formal education graduating with an MBA from Benedictine University in 2017.
Currently Chris lives in Detroit Lakes Minnesota with his wife and four children. He serves as the president of the board of directors for the Becker County Economic Development Authority and the Becker County's Housing Authority, and also operates Lakes Shipping with the help of his family.
Years of experience has taught Chris that small business owners are plagued with challenges unique to their industry. Whether it's inventory losses, compliance citations, employee accidents, service call responses, part shortages, labor management problems, or any number of other complicated issues, these problems sap the company and its owners of valuable time, money and resources. SBSC's mission is to help these business owners find solutions that fully resolve their issues.
Benedictine University, Lisle, IL
BS Business Administration
Rasmussen College, Fargo, ND
Graduated Suma Cum Laude
Certifications / Continuing Education:
• Lean Bronze Certification
• Lean 101 Training Project
• Job Instruction Training®
• Value Stream Mapping
• Transient Edge®
• Association for Manufacturing Excellence
• American Society for Quality
• The Association for Operations Management
• Society of Manufacturing Engineers
•Overhauled operations policies & procedures in Ag construction company doubling response times, trimming $60k in inventory losses, achieving 24hr billing, cutting AR in half, and improving employee satisfaction.
• Designed and instituted a passive employee documentation system, used to track employee performance, respond to Job Service employee termination investigations
• Developed a comprehensive fleet management strategy improving safety records, regulatory compliance, fuel consumption, and preventative maintenance.
• Re-wrote employee handbook and policies, developed a goal based performance system replacing the annual review
• Created a digital service order management program tripling tech response times, improving data management
• Instituted a comprehensive data management program tracking customer’s service data, employee communications, fleet movements/activities, and other company activities
• Successfully redesigned and launched operations program including software, equipment, server and standard procedures
• Reduced employee attrition by 42% by developing a senior employee leadership team
• Led facility to record profits for two consecutive years in excess of $2 million
Copyright © 2019 Small Business Solutions Company - All Rights Reserved.